Thursday, March 22, 2007

A Warm Fuzzy...


Just feeling a little sentimental and gooey right now. I have to dab away tears (of happiness and joy) when I think of this because it's just an indication of how far God has brought us, and how He's blessed us.

Last night, our church acknowledged and honored Jerry and I. It was a surprise to us. Last night was one of those "100 Men in Black" programs, and the pastor had appointed Jerry as the coordinator. The service turned out really nice and the purpose of it was to make a statement and stand regarding unity and the importance of real mean serving God. Serving God by serving the community and individuals.

Anyway, everything went well, and it was at the end that they surprised us. First, Jerry made presentations as is common and customary for such a program. Then, we were asked to come to the front. The presentation was wonderful. The presenter stated that the church is happy for "Katrina". That she blew us their way. They thanked us for all of the work that we've done since we've been here. They appreciate us. Love us. Etc. It was so beautiful and moving, particularly when both of us don't feel that we've done anything that would warrant such acknowledgement. They said that they enjoy our teaching, leadership, ministering, etc., and they really encouraged us.

Now, I'm not necessarily stating all of this to say "look at what we've done". Quite the contrary, in fact. I'm sharing this to say, "look what God has done!" I can't help but to think back. Two years ago at this time, Jerry and I were still separated. We were still hurting and I honestly believed that we would be another statistic. I thought that it was over for us. I was still very angry, hurt, and not even sure who Carla was anymore. But God undoubtedly began to mend both of us and He slowly restored us. Since we reconciled in July 2005, our lives definitely took on a new direction with the first major event being that of Hurricane Katrina. I know of couples who have not survived the storm! Oh, I'm not talking about the actual storm of Katrina, but their relationships fell apart during the aftermath. God gave us just the opposite reaction. We grew and strengthed greater as a result.

We do work well together in ministry, but most importantly, as a couple. And even more than that, we have grown by leaps and bounds as individuals.

All I can say is that God can do anything........we are a walking testimony to that! So, the little recognition was not that of us as mere pions. But, in my mind, it was recognition and honor of the goodness and greatness of God!

Okay.......here I go dabbing away the tears again!

Be blessed and be encouraged from my experience.

Carla Y. Nix
Visit my websites: www.CarlaNix.com and www.freewebs.com/passion4life
My blogs: www.myspace.com/carlanix and www.blogspot.com/carlanix
My Internet Talk Radio Show: www.blogtalkradio.com/passion4life

No comments: