Monday, February 11, 2008

EVEN IN THE WILDERNESS

"O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.

So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary, beholding your power and glory. Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you. So I will bless you as long as I live; in your name I will lift up my hands.

My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food, and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips, when I remember you upon my bed, and meditate on you in the watches of the night; for you have been my help, and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy. My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me."

~Psalm 63:1 - 8 (ESV)

David wrote this psalm when he was in the wilderness of Juday. His life was constantly in danger and his enemies were plenteous.

What a beautiful show of devotion and commitment to God, even while in the wilderness.

Can you and I reach up and out to God and express our thirst and desire for Him as David did?

No matter what your circumstances are today, remember that God's love for us never fails. We should always be able to say that our soul thirsts for Him and that our flesh faints for Him. Some of us only experience such passion for a man or woman. We do not enjoy an intimate relationship with the only One who will always love us, protect us, guid us, and take care of us.

Carla

No comments: