Tuesday, February 12, 2008

THIS IS HOW IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE

I guess I should be in bed right now. I will be in just a few minutes. I’m up writing and getting some work down, although it’s almost 2:00 am. I seem to think better and am more creative and functional late at night…..in the still of the night. I am NOT a morning person and my brain doesn’t work very well then. However, I do have to awaken at 5:15 am to get my child up and ready for school. The beauty now is that once she’s on the bus, I can get back in the bed and get a few more hours of sleep.

Anyway, what I wanted to pen tonight (or this early morning) is what’s been playing in my head all day. Actually, for several days. “This is how it’s supposed to be”. That’s a song that was out a few years ago by John Legend.

The song is playing in my head not so much because it’s a song, but because the words are my sentiment. This is how it’s supposed to be…….FINALLY!

I’m speaking about my life, of course. Generally, the direction that my life has taken, but more specifically, my life with my husband.

Overall, I am at a tradewind. The current has shifted in my life. I am changing direction as I am in the midst of entering a new level of productivity and significance. My work is changing. My days have changed. My mode of operating is different. My priorities have definitely been rearranged.
I’ve shared my fears before about the changes in my life. This is truly an adjustment period for not only me, but my entire family.

Through it all, my Jerry has been steadfast, loving, and extremely supportive. He’s been my rock. He has shown nothing but pure love and patience. He has loved me unconditionally.

I cannot help but think of the very rough times we went through. The bad times. The difficult times. The ugly times. The hurting times. There was a time when we both thought that it was over for us. We lost focus of who we were individually, and as a couple. We lost ourselves! As a result, we hurt one another. But one thing that was consistent is the fact that we NEVER stopped loving one another. Even through the pain, through the separation, through the hurtful words, through the devastating actions, and most definitely through the tears. The love never died.

God has sustained us and allowed us to experience that rough patch of time. Those few years were the worse of my life, but God performed miraculously in both of us.
Today, even after the storm and every single thing we’ve been through, we are better and stronger than ever. We were given a new chance and we respect and perceive God with a deeper appreciation. In fact, we appreciate each other more than we ever have before. We are more communicative. We are dedicated to never hurting one another again. We are committed to being the man and woman of God that we were destined to be.

We enjoy life more than ever now. We enjoy EACH OTHER like crazy. And after 25 years of marriage, we are more attracted to one another now than we’ve ever been before! New definition has been given to the term, love making!
My life is beautiful now. Even with the uncertainty of what God is doing in my career life, which ultimately affects our family life, I feel confident, safe, and secure. And I can say that this is how it’s supposed to be. I’m supposed to be happy. I thank God for this blessing!

Carla

No comments: