Wednesday, February 13, 2008

IT'S ALL ABOUT LOVE...






Today, I am sending my love to you. I know that some will be looking for Valentines gifts, cards, and candy tomorrow from their loved one. Some may even feel slighted or hurt if they do not receive anything. While, some who do receive, may feel that these gifts are the measurement of true love.

Whether you receive or not, please do not feel any of the extremes. And if you even consider yourself alone or have no one special in your life, please do not let that make you feel sad.

Real love......real love......is not measured in tangible gifts. The greatest love of all was given on Calvary's cross and it wasn't a pretty sight. There were no roses, no chocolates, no love poems. It was gory, it was bloody, it was painful, and it was even dark as even God had turn from the heaviness and presence of sin that rested on Jesus for our sake.

I do wish you a very happy day for you tomorrow, but know that I wish you this every day of your life. May each of carry love and show love on a daily basis, love as God has for us.

I leave you these words, which to me are that of a true love poem. The "love" chapter, as many of us call us. Be blessed!

Love
1If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
I Corinthians 12:1-13 NIV

No comments: