Friday, April 11, 2008

RANDOM THOUGHTS...

I’ve been nursing a horrible cold all week. I feel better tonight, thank God. I still don’t have much of an appetite and I’m feeling a little weak. But, I’m okay. At least I can breathe now! I hate having a stopped up head and nose! My throat feels better as well.

Now that we’ve completed our term for school until the Fall, I am able to go to choir rehearsal. Well, I don’t sing in the Mass Choir, as I simply am not able to commit myself to all of the engagements and outings that they have. Our Pastor preaches out a lot, and there is always something going on at the church. The Mass Choir goes with him and it really is just too much for me. They are persistent, however, in trying to get me to join. We have a wonderful and extremely down to earth Minister of Music and fantastic musicians. Brother Stevie (minister of music) stays on me the most about joining. But, I’m honest with him and have told him that I don’t think that it would be fair for me to do so. I can’t even make all of the rehearsals.

Lord knows how much I love music and how I love to sing. But, fair is fair, and right is right.

But, Stevie doesn’t give up easily (bless his heart). He asked me to join our Praise and Worship Team. It’s fairly new for us (we began about a year ago). However, I still was not able to make some of the rehearsals due to school. So, he accepts and allows me to sing when I’m able to. We only sing once a month, so it’s a little more doable for me than the Mass Choir.

We had an excellent rehearsal tonight and I am just so thankful that God allowed me to have the strength and ability to participate. I’m actually leading a song, and God really touched this ole body of mine. It went well.

I am just so thankful to God for all of His blessings. He has me on a path in my life that I am well pleased with. Things are occurring that lets me know that without a doubt, it is God. All I know is that is my desire to please Him. I am an open vessel and I just stand waiting for Him to use me as He pleases.

My heart right now goes out to all of the people who have been affected by the recent severe weather conditions. I honestly don’t know what’s going on lately, but the weather has been fierce. Tornadoes are going forth with a vengeance, it seems. I mean, last month, who would’ve ever thought that downtown Atlanta would be hit with a tornado? Insanity, I tell you. The storms seem to be flying all over this country. Some tornadoes have hit very near to my own home. Of course, I am saying, “Oh Lord, not again!” But, we’ve been blessed and kept safe. On Friday, tornadoes crashed through Jackson and other areas in Mississippi. Again, very near me. It is amazing to see the destruction. So many homes have been destroyed or damaged. Thank God, however, there have been no reported deaths.

Additionally, the mighty Mississippi River itself is acting a fool. It’s rising and residents in places such as Vicksburg, MS are being evacuated because it hasn’t even crested yet. I believe I also heard on the news that Memphis, TN and St. Louis, MO are seeing the rise in the River. I have dear friends in those areas, and my prayers are definitely with them.

My prayers are with all who are in the path of danger. We are expecting severe weather to pass through here again over night and they are thinking that more tornadoes may crop up again. I pray, Lord, for your protection and providence for all.

Carla

No comments: