Wednesday, June 04, 2008

STAND STILL - EVEN IN BATTLE!

Voice recording of this blog:


Comment | Copy This



“Then the Spirit of the LORD came upon Jahaziel son of Zechariah…” 2 Chron 20:14a
He said: "Listen, King Jehoshaphat and all who live in Judah and Jerusalem! This is what the LORD says to you: 'Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God's.

You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the LORD will give you, O Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the LORD will be with you.' " 2 Chronicles 20:15, 17 NIV

I feel a changing of the current. An air of transition in my life. God has brought me through a 6-month period of initiation. A time of preparation. Now I am hearing Him, and seeing Him, changing my course. As this has dawned on me, I couldn’t help but think of a ship as it sails on the ocean. I’m not a nautical person, and I know very little about marine life, but I know that before a ship turns…..or changes its course….it has to slow down to make the turn. It doesn’t just get to a point and suddenly shift.

I did a little reading on the sinking of the Titantic. Everything points to human error and the captain not heeding the warning signs of impending and possible danger. He, and everyone, rested on their laurels and the false conception that the Titantic was unsinkable. It doesn’t seem that they realized that even with something that seems unstoppable, smart leadership and guidance is still necessary. There are outside forces that also played a huge part in the destruction of that vessel.

The captain was warned of other icebergs, yet he remained on the same destructive path. He never slowed the ship down to review the matter, or to prepare to change its course. As a result, it was too late when they came upon the iceberg that brought them down. It was too late to change direction. The iceberg tore through the lauded vessel.

I feel God changing my own course at this juncture in life.

There are a lot of changes God has brought to pass over the last 6 months for me. Some good, some not so good, but all are in His hand. There are some things that I will be doing differently, as I am feeling myself being propelled to soar to the next level. I will be stepping back and away from some things. I will be focusing deeper on accomplishing more in a strange way….by doing less. I will be giving away less of myself, and thus I will be able to give more of myself. I will not be saying as much, but as a result, I will have more to say.

To get to where I need to be, I am aware that I am in a battle. I’ve been in a battle, in fact, but today I finally hear what God is saying to me. He promised to take care of me, to provide for me, and to allow me to do what He’s called me to. I’ve been working trying to get there, but today He’s saying to me to be still. Not only to be still, but to STAND still. As this battle is not mine, it’s His. He tells me that He will fight the battle, and to stand firm and see His deliverance. Not only that, once more He says not to be afraid (I’m told that the term “don’t be afraid” is in the Bible 365 times – I have not researched it myself yet, but hey….).

This battle is not mine and as I begin to STAND still, He can change the course and I don’t have to worry about any iceberg tearing me apart. God is with me!

Carla

No comments: