Wednesday, March 12, 2008

COMPLETE?

“I simply went from an A-cup to a B-cup. I didn't want double Ds and be a little bitty size 2. That would look nuts... this one really hot House of Dereon top -- I just wanted to fill that out! I put it on and I looked SO good! I'm so happy. I feel complete."
-- Destiny's Child singer Kelly Rowland on her breast implants.


This quote is from a blog article By Karu F. Daniels, BlackVoices.com (AOL) posted today.

Personally, I think that Kelly is an absolutely beautiful young lady with great talent. For the life of me, I don’t understand why adding to what God has already given to her, going from an “A” cup to a “B”, would make her now feel “complete”. How does enhancement to one’s breast enhance them as an individual? How does this add to someone’s character?

kelly rowland

I’ve long been one to speak out when women feel that they have to live up to an image in order to feel good about themselves. I remember once I spoke my mind when Toni Braxton first had implants and decided to pose nude (or nearly so) many years ago. Some said that my opposition was because I was jealous. That comment stunned me, as it was totally ludicrous. I was most dismayed with her actions because I love Toni’s singing and I felt that she was selling herself short, and cheap, by stooping to such a level. The woman can sing! What was the purpose of her exposing her body? That made no sense to me. Years later, she developed problems from the implants and had them removed (Ebony Magazine, December 2000).

My question remains, why would someone want to put something foreign and unnatural in their body simply to look a certain way? Moreso, why does Kelly Rowland now feel complete with a “B” cup? I can tell you that there is a woman out there with a natural “B” cup who is saying that she wants a “C” cup.

My concern is that a woman ought to be able to feel good about herself and feel complete with what God gave her. She is already complete!

If a bigger cup makes a woman more attractive, then to me, she ought to wonder about the one or ones she’s attracting. If a man can’t love a woman as God created her, then that man isn’t worthy of her attention, and definitely not her love.

If it is the size of the cup (or the bottom, or the entire body) that brings the attention, then I truly feel sorry for the relationship. There will always be another set of boobs that will come into view. What sustains is pure love. After the fascination, infatuation, and lust goes by the wayside, tell me what still stands. If there was never a meeting of the minds, an attraction of intelligence, and the love of a person’s character, what is left?

Too many of our women are falling for the hype. They are trying to fit an image that society has set for beauty, and they are failing to nurture and develop their inner strengths and real beauty. Why do so many women think that they have to wear revealing clothing (boobs hanging out, skirts up their butt, pants skin tight, etc.)? Look at our young girls. If parents allow them to dress like hoochie mamas from a young age, they definitely will grow up believing that this is how a lady should look. Furthermore, if they see Mama doing it, then who can blame them for their own distaste and classless attitude.

Some men may like what they see. After all, it’s all up in their faces. But, a woman should have more pride in herself and demand to be respected by the way that she presents and carries herself. If she has to pump up her bust line, expose herself, and dress scantily to attract a man, then I truly feel sorry for her.
All you have to do is look at the way that many women and young ladies (and of course even girls) pose for pictures. They will turn backwards, or poke their butts out to the camera. Why? I was once taking pictures for our scrap book at work, and most of the female students (teens and young adults) automatically struck that pose. I refused to take the pictures. I told them that I didn’t want pictures of their tails, I wanted a picture of their beautiful faces.

The scary thing is that this was so NATURAL to them. They posed like this without much thought. It is just so common and too many of us who know better are silent and allow it to happen. We accept it. We fail to realize that it’s not cute, when it’s really sad.

I feel bad for Kelly Rowland. She represents so many women. We all (women AND men) need to gain a knowledge of who we are. We need to know our purpose in life. We need to live a fulfilling life and come to love who we are.......just like God made us. God doesn’t make mistakes. He does not do incomplete jobs. Any incompletion we feel has to be because we are not complete in Him. Something is missing, and I’m here to tell you that it’s not the size of our bust.

Carla

No comments: