Thursday, January 17, 2008

Pain in the neck...

Well, I’ve finally received the results from my last medical tests. The MRI does not show blockage in my neck (thank you Jesus). However, the doctor says that I do have arthritis there.

Arthritis??!!!

I didn’t even know that you can have arthritis in the neck! However, this does explain all of the pain that I have living and dealing with for the last few years. Back in mid- 2005, when Jerry and I were still separated, I began to suffer with excruciating pain in my neck. Literally! At one point, I could not even turn or move my neck. It felt like an incredible “crook” that would not go away. I also could not move and lift my left arm and both of my shoulders hurt terribly. I ended up going to a neurologist and he ran all kinds of tests too. The MRI showed something going on with my nerves, leaning on my cord. The doctor said that surgery might be necessary, but the condition may relieve itself just as suddenly and quickly as it arose. Lord knows that I did not want to ever have to consider surgery. Eventually, the pain did ease. But, never fully. I was able to move my neck and arm again………..I just learned to tolerate the pain that flared from time to time.

The pain has increasingly become more constant……..but still………I just learned to deal with it. Just going on, never having time to let it stop me, and simply functioning and operating as I need to. It’s amazing how we learn to live in pain. We get used to it. That’s sad! Many’a mornings I awake and can barely move. I just stretch and keep going.

The other test reveals that I do have nerve damage, although the good news is that it is mild. This is causing the numbness, weakness, and even some pain that I am having in my feet, hands, arms, and legs. Some days, it is very difficult for me to comb my daughter’s hair. She’s 10 years old and has extremely thick hair. Lord knows, that girl has some hair on her head. Now, it’s more of a challenge combing it out every day.

Also, unfortunately, I have been finding it difficult to type as I used to. This truly scares me, because some days I have to stop working because my hands and arms get tired and weak, and/or begin to ache. I am a writer! Do you know how much this scares me? I have been praying and asking God not to allow this to affect me in any significant way. Honestly, if the physical ability to write (manually or on the keyboard) is taken away from me…………well, I can’t even imagine it. All I know is that it would equate to taking away my soul!

However, I am just relieved to finally know something.

3 comments:

verna harps-morrow said...

Hi, This is Verna Harps-Morrow, and I don't claim, illnesses because they are traits of the devil blocking your faith in God. I pray that he moves and get behind you, because you belong to the most High. I pray for healing from you to from me.

Carla Y. Nix said...

Verna,

Thanks! I definitely need and appreciate the prayer.

Carla

Regina said...

Believing God for supernatural healing. Cast down any imagination that is not in line with your healing. Believe the report of the Lord and let's rejoice together in Jesus name!

Blessings ~ Regina