Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Rest is Good!


It’s taken me two days to recuperate from a splendid weekend! It was wonderful, but it truly wore me out.

I hosted a birthday dinner party for Jerry’s 50th birthday on Saturday. It was really nice with Jerry’s family here and his co-worker and his wife, and one of his minister friends and his wife. The house was full of love, laughter, warmth, and prayer.

This was the first “big” thing I’ve done since I got sick, and it did take a lot of me. It took its toll. But, I made it through. When it was all over, that is when I felt it! My body felt like a mack truck ran me down as I was in a lot of pain from my neck down to my feet.

Sunday was the Dr. Martin Luther King Commemoration program at church. This is the program that our pastor asked me to coordinate. It turned out very well. I am so pleased from the performance and hard work from all of the children and the other participants. It took a lot of work, but it was worth it. I operated on adrenalin to get through the entire event, as I was still hurting and exhausted from the dinner party the night before.

I am happy that I was able to rest, rest, rest on Monday and Tuesday. I needed it!
Now to move forward to the other projects ahead…

Carla

No comments: