Tuesday, May 06, 2008

THE DEVIL IS A LIAR!

My Sisters and Brothers.....

I am asking you to stand in agreement with me in prayer. Since last week, I've been feeling sick and not knowing why. It has progressively gotten worse, but today we finally figured out why.

After a doctor's appointment last week (Monday), he called in a prescription of an antibiotic for me (Bactim). My only known allergies are to Penicillin and Bextra (which they no longer produce Bextra because it was one of those pain pills that was killing folks a few years ago - however, I was prescribed it just before the ban on it, yet I had a terrible adverse reaction).

So, I thought nothing of the Bactim when I picked it up. I've been taking it as prescribed. Eventually, I began feeling extremely weak, nauseous, headachy, joint pains (thought it was simply my arthritis), and here is the kicker..........my blood sugar levels began to drop to dangerously low levels. Additionally, over the last couple of days, I've developed fever (I'm walking around here right now wearing sweat pants, sweat socks, and I'm wrapped up in a thick terry cloth robe - because I am having uncontrollable chills and I'm freezing cold! - Yet, it's about 85 degrees here!).

I called the doctor's office today to tell them about my continuous low blood sugar levels - still not connecting anything to this antibiotic. I was told that I could reduce my dosage (I take orals meds and I take them twice a day). The last few mornings, I've been awakening in a hypoglycemic state (low sugar). In addition to what I've already been feeling from the allergic reaction to the Bactim, I was also fighting the low sugar (imagine, me sweating, yet I'm freezing cold.......confusion.......uncontrollable shakes........extreme weakness, etc.).

Today I just kept thinking what has changed with me. Why would my sugar be dropping so low! I mean, I've been doing well as far as my nutrition/diet. My levels are normally at an acceptable normal range (80 - 120). But, to drop to 50 and below is not at all good. Especially on a consistent basis.

I've been very upset about this because I have work to do. I'm working on a website for a church, I'm writing a speech for a Louisiana State Senator, working on my own stuff, and preparing for the statewide women's conference in 2 weeks where I am one of the facilitators.

Even last week on Thursday, as Brooks and I were on the phone for the National Day of Prayer Call that we scheduled, she asked me "What's wrong? You don't sound like your normal self." I told her that I was just tired, and I was, but I didn't know why.

I went back and found the leaflet that came with the medication. It outlined possible side affects and allergic reactions. I couldn't believe that i had many of the symptoms. And then there was a quick blurb that said that "special monitoring might be necessary for anyone taking the following medications...." And there was a lithany of medications, and among them was "medication for diabetes".

I'd already taken this morning's dose of the Bactim (supposed to take it every 12 hours), but I refuse to take anymore. I'll call the doctor back in the morning and let him know what's happened. I don't know if he's going to prescribe something else, but I'm a little ticked with him because I feel that he should have known that this medication may not interact with my current Glucovance (diabetes med).

All I know is that I've been concerned about the things that I'm working on and I've been pushing myself trying to complete them. I haven't been able to because it has been boiling down to me almost crawling to my bed. I want to be 100% for the women's conference as well, as teaching and leading workshops is my passion! I absolutely love it and I cannot wait for May 17th.

I'm on my way to bed now, but something told me to check email first, and to let you all know what's going on with me, for I do desire your prayers. As I went through the email, it became clear to me what's been happening. I know that the devil is trying to stop me in my tracks, and I'm not having it! I opened my email to an invitation to be a speaker in North Carolina. I don't know this lady, but she said that she found me, enjoyed my teleclasses, presentations, and other work that I put out here in cyberspace. Additionally, I she's asked that I submit a "media kit"......and those of you who are in my writers and motivational speakers know that JUST last week, I asked for advise on putting together one for speaking and writing. I had no idea that today, this lady would contact me. But, God knew.

I am going to bed right now. Let myself get some more rest, and let this medication clear out of my system.

The devil is a liar, and I WILL move forward in doing what God has called me to do!

I appreciate your prayers.

Carla

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carla,
The evil will try to stop us when
we are doing The work of God.And you are his work.Yes,i stand in agreement with you the devil is a liar.