Saturday, July 16, 2005

Blessed!

Carla and Anaiah
This is one of my favorite pictures of me and my youngest child. Her name is Anaiah, a Hebrew word that means "God has answered".

She is truly a blessing from God. She came 10 years after what I thought was my last child. I was an "old" mom with her, and therefore I was an at-risk pregnancy due to my age alone. I'd lost a baby many years before this pregnancy, and of course I was apprehensive and at times fearful. But I am a praying woman and I prayed quite a bit during the pregnancy. Therefore, her name....."God has answered".

If you recall, I was feeling somewhat low and exhausted last time I posted. As I prayed and cried out to God, I was reminded to be thankful for all of the blessings that He has already given me. I am indeed a blessed soul! I thank God for all that He has done in my life, what He is doing, and what He will bring to pass.

Many times we focus too much on what we don't have and what we think we want. We lose sight of what we are already blessed with.

I asked God to forgive me for not being more grateful. And guess what? Before the day was over, He'd blessed me tremendously with what I consider a miracle in my life.

Thank you Lord for you blessings! I love you!

No comments: