Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Hump Day

It's been a pretty ho-hum day. Nothing spectacular happened; yet I was pretty much able to make progress in most of my work. Progress is good. One thing I've learned to do is to appreciate progress, while not expecting perfection. Looking for perfection only leads to disappointment and hurt feelings. No one or nothing is perfect. But, progress shows development and growth.

Admist all of the chatter of my life today, I internally dealt with feelings of dissatisfaction with myself and relestlessness. I was happy with my work, but not happy with myself. I am tired of many of the problems in my life and I know that they are only there because I was not a better manager of my life. I am tired of climbing and clawing my way out of hole after hole, and problem after problem.

However, I did also allow myself to dig deep down and pull out of me praise and gratitude to God. That's not always easy to do when you feel as though everything is going wrong. How do you say "thanks" when you're being beat down with STUFF? You know.....that which happens. Well, it's not easy, but you do it because no matter what, you know that you do have something to be thankful for. If nothing else, just be thankful that it's not worse (because it very well could be).

I am determined to make it! I am dedicated to turning my life around and making something more of myself. I am looking forward to sharing the testimony.

Carla

No comments: