Sunday, July 17, 2005

Inner Child

Do you remember when you were a child? Whenever you felt sad, disappointed, upset, hurt, or even happy and ecstatic, you could always run to your parents for support. Remember the days when you couldn't wait for Daddy to get home from work? Or for Mama to pick you up from school?

Remember the times when a toy was broken and you could run to your parents to fix it?

Remember when your big brother, or little brat brother, would pick on you and you would run to Mama to tell?

Remember when the kids teased you or made fun of you, you knew that you could let your parents know.

Remember when you had problems in school, perhaps with the teachers. All you had to do was tell, and your parents would take care of it.

Those days are long gone, and for me this day, I am feeling like a little child again. See me to the right at age 5. Those were carefree days.

Oh how I wish that I could crawl up in my parents bed because I'm scared of the boogie man. How I long to lay in my mother's bosom and just cry, cry, cry. How I wish I could hear my father say, "Aw shucks, it'll be alright".

Both of my parents are gone to heaven now and I can't even call them just to hear their voice. But I am a grown woman now. However, I would give anything just to hear their voices again. To see their smiles. Their faces. Their eyes. Feel their touch.

I miss them so much. Particularly today when I'm feeling like Carla at 5.


No comments: