Monday, July 11, 2005

Today's Lesson

As with most everyone, my days are filled with activity from the moment I open my eyes until I go to sleep at night. I have never had a boring day in my life. Nope. Can't recall a time where I felt bored.

Within all of this busy-ness are daily lessons. I think that it would be shameful to go to bed each night and not be able to look back over the day without at least one lesson learned. We don't always realize that no matter how hectic life seems, no matter how terrible our day may have been, no matter how many people ticked us off, no matter how tired we are at the end of the day .... there was a lesson in there that we should have learned.

I will attempt to reflect here at my blog with at least one lesson each day.

Today I learned (or was reminded) that I need to praise God no matter how dismal and hopeless situations may seem. My morning got started with me feeling low about some things. Feeling that I was at my wit's end. I was not able to see how certain things were going to work out. But as the day progressed, I learned that I simply needed to praise Him "through my circumstance", as Mary-Mary sang on the radio.

I know that God is in control of my life and all I need to do is praise and thank Him even when "I" can't see the answer. He already knows and He loves me and will not forsake me.

It's called faith. I have to see through faith, and not through my own eyes. But I have to praise Him. I have to thank Him. I have to give Him the glory.

I felt better as I praised Him throughout the day. Circumstances may not have changed, but I was changed in the circumstances. And I decided to simply praise Him.

What a wonderful lesson learned for today!


No comments: