Monday, July 11, 2005

Simply Carla




Hello Neighbor!

Well, this is my first blog, and it seems that I'm having trouble formatting it. Oh well. Right now, it's late and I'm sleepy and tired. I will have to hope for the best.

I think that blogging was created just for me! This is something that I enjoy doing and I love this site. It is my intention to post often. I love sharing my thoughts and experiences in the hope of being a blessing to others.

Granted, there is nothing wonderful about me. Nothing that is spectactular. I'm just an ordinary person who love to write and to share with God has given me. Above all, I love the Lord, others, and life! Passion4Life!

I hope that you visit regularly and often. I would love to hear from you as well, so don't be shy in emailing me or responding to a post.

Some information about me is included in the profile, so be sure to check it out. Otherwise, you'll learn a lot more about me through my blogs. For those who don't know, a blog is a term that means "web log". In other words, it's a journal on the web. I've kept a journal for most of my life, and have always kept it to myself. Now, I will be sharing some of me right here. You do know that I am not going to share EVERYTHING.......but I will be as open and candid here as much as I am comfortable.

This first entry is simply to say hello. I will have more later.

God bless!

P.S. - Yes, you are my neighbor. As silly as this may sound, I have been endeared to that term since Mr. Rogers died (yep....you know.....the "Won't You Be My Neighbor" guy from television). I am 43 years old, and I remember watching Mr. Rogers as a child. My children also watched him. It wasn't until he died some years ago that I truly understood the importance of his song. Additionally, God's word tells us to love our "neighbor". This does not solely mean those who live next door to us; or who lives in our block. It means everyone that we come in contact with and have interaction with. It also means those that we don't know. We should love everyone and demonstrate that love by treating everyone with kindness. So yes.....I see you, dear reader, as my neighbor.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carla, or should I say neighbor. Keep on writing because after visiting your personal website I am convinced that God has gifted you to do so. Be Blessed my neighbor and sister in Christ.

P.S. I was turned on to your blog by my highschool sweetheart and husband of 21 years. The two of you attended McD 35 together. His name is Robert.