Sunday, July 31, 2005

Daddy's Girl

I'm just thinking about my father right now. I always become melancholy this time of the year. Daddy's deceased, and his birthday is August 1st. Some years, I get this way without first realizing why. Then I sit back and realize that his birthday is approaching.

Daddy passed away, quietly, gently, in his sleep January 21, 1981. He passed just as he lived. Quietly. Gently. Without much fanfare.

My father was a good man. He worked hard for his family. Took good care of us. Loved us. I am the only girl, so yes, I was very much a Daddy's Girl.

I was only 19 years old when Daddy died; yet I still think of him quite often. I am sorry that he didn't get to see me grow up. Get married. Have children. I miss that he isn't a part of all of that.

I think that he would've been proud. Although I was 19 at his passing, he and Mama did an excellent job in raising my 2 brothers and I.

I love you Daddy. Miss you much!

No comments: